Terms of Service
Last Updated October 19, 2015
*** What's New ***
- 10/14/2015: Updated links
- 8/18/2015: Users must abide by UCI/OIT "Security Guidelines" - particularly "Security patches must be installed and regularly maintained" (see UCI Policy 800-18 B. 2.). Users are responsible for keeping their Accounts secure and installed software up-to-date. CORE may install security patches at any time without prior notice.
- 2/6/2015: Changed CORE notification method for Terms of Service changes to "on home page", added Copyright-related content, and added "CORE must assist with Conduct/legal requests".
- 2/4/2015: Added "Data" section. Slight language changes. Added "at least 5 business days" to "time for us to make a decision".
UCI CORE Accounts ("CORE" - Campus Organization Resources & Education) provides any registered campus organization ("Organization" aka Club/Org.) at the University of California, Irvine ("the University" aka UCI/UC Irvine) with web hosting, Google Apps, mailing lists, and other Internet services ("Services"). Use of the Services (collectively the "Account") is a privilege, not a right. The University assumes no liability for any damages or loss that might arise from the use/misuse of the Services. Services are provided "as is" and "as available" (no guarantees are made).
A user of the Services must be an official representative of an Organization (Authorized "Signer" aka "User/s" or "You") or someone acting on behalf of a Signer ("Agent"). CORE may request verification/authorization from a Signer for non-Signer/Agent requests. An Organization must renew its Account once a year (separate from and following re-registration). Each Organization is limited to one (1) Account.
CORE Accounts is a shared system. Users are responsible for making safe choices, for keeping Accounts secure, and for keeping installed software up-to-date. Contact us with any questions or concerns.
Users agree to abide by the UCI Network and Computer Use Policy and the Security Guidelines for Computers and Devices Connected to UCInet.
Furthermore, the following terms and conditions apply:
- I. General
- Do not use the Account if you do not agree to all of these Terms.
- Do not use the Account for personal business. The Account is only for Organization business.
- Do not let anyone outside of your Organization use the Account.
- Do not give or sell the Account to anyone outside of your Organization.
- Do not use the Account to share content that does not belong to your Organization (without prior written approval from the owner/s).
- Do no evil. Do not hack other Accounts, misuse Services, or violate the privacy of other Users.
- Keep your Account secure. Ensure software on your Account is up-to-date or ask CORE for help. CORE may perform security updates at any time and without prior notice.
- You agree to follow all applicable laws, policies, and terms of service.
- CORE will contact you sometimes. We may add your email to official lists as needed.
- CORE can update these Terms at any time and for any reason. Updates will be posted on the home page.
- CORE must approve any exceptions. You need to put your request in writing and give us time (no less than 5 business days) to make a decision.
- CORE must assist with all UCI Student Conduct or legal requests/seizures (we will notify you unless forbidden from doing so).
- II. Data
- Organization data belongs to the Organization. Please backup your data!
- You agree to back up your Organization's data regularly (somewhere other than the CORE servers).
- CORE is not responsible for loss/system failure. However...
- CORE may make copies of Organization data to avoid loss/system failure.
- Some data is non-recoverable once deleted (i.e. Google Apps, UCI Sites).
- Data belonging to "inactive" Organizations (those which have not re-registered or renewed for a full registration period) will be deleted. However...
- CORE may "archive" (keep a copy of) inactive Organization data for a limited amount of time.
- CORE will not share one Organization's data with another Organization without prior permission.
- UCI Network and Computer Use Policy
- Security Guidelines for Computers and Devices Connected to UCInet
- UCI Student Conduct, Student Life & Leadership
- UCI Sites Terms of Service
- Google Terms of Service